Fingernail Fungus: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment and Prevention
Definition of fingernail fungus
The fingernail fungus is basically an infection occurs on the nail bed, the place where nail and skin meets. The fungus responsible for this infection enters through a small wound, scratch or cut through the skin and targets the nail and skin together.
Symptoms of fingernail fungus
There are many types of fungi that cause fingernail infections. They all have some symptoms common that are mentioned below:
• There is a yellowish or brownish discoloration that starts at the base of fingernail and spreads underneath the skin.
• There could be white or black patches on the affected area.
• The nails become thick and brittle. Also, trimming of the nail is difficult here. There could be pain and tenderness that affects routine work like walking, sitting and even putting shoes/socks.
• Affected nail starts collecting debris underneath it.
• The nail may change its shape and start bending towards the middle of the nail bed.
• There could be bad odor due to presence of fungi.
Treatment and prevention of fingernail fungus
Treating fingernail fungus is bit difficult and hence, health care providers advise that it’s better to prevent it taking simple steps in act…
1. Do not share clothes, towels, socks, footwear and washcloths. They may carry fungus.
2. Nail clippers, shapers, files, polishes etc. may also contain the debris that is house of fungus. If you wear or use them, you are contracting fingernail fungus.
3. You should take utmost care while cutting nails. Do not cut cuticles and ensure that you do not harm the skin underneath the nail and besides it. Any cut or wound will invite fungus.
4. You should keep your feet and hands dry and clean.
5. The fingernail fungus infection goes worse in people with low immunity. If you have other diseases, treat them first.
6. Nail polishes are said to contribute the growth of fungus and hence is not recommended. Wearing artificial nails and sharing nail polish is to be avoided.
There are plenty of oral anti fungal medicines available on the market. They help treating fingernail fungus infections (like Diflucan or Lamisil). These medicines are to be continued for longer duration that might invite side effects like headache, rashes, liver damage etc. Also, 20 percent of patients contract the disease once they stop medicines.
Homemade remedies for fingernail fungus infection are not so effective. In fact, some believe that home remedies may delay the treatment and worsen the case. Nevertheless, there are certain natural components (like essential aromatic or herbal oils) that help killing the fungi up to certain extent.
So what do we recommend? We suggest that you try Zetaclear. Zetaclear is an all-natural treatment that is extremely effective. Zetaclear contains a unique combination of natural plant oils like lavender, tea tree oil and clove, all of which are known to have strong anti-fungal properties. It can eliminate finger nail fungus, and also prevent it from recurring. It also treats any pain and discomfort caused by the fungus.
For more information about Zetaclear, click here
- Top rated nail fungus treatment
- Causes of fingernail discoloration?
- Fingernail fungus contagious?
- Acidophilus Beer Soak
- Vinegar treating toenail fungus?
- Bleach to cure nail fungus
- Essential oils cure toenail fungus
- Recurrences of toe nail fungus
- 5 Options for Toenail Fungus Treatment
- Common home complete nail fungus remedies
#1 Nail Fungus Treatment#1 Zetaclear